Graduates from recognized Universities – Indian or foreign – in any discipline are eligible to apply for admission to this Course provided they have secured at least 50 percent (45 percent for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate. No relaxation on the ground of participation in sports and games or extra curricular activities or any other ground, whatever, shall be made in determining the eligibility. Seats are reserved for certain categories of candidates as mentioned in the ordinance governing this course; of course subject to reservation of seats for OBC/SC/ST candidates within that category as per Government of India rules.
Candidates appearing at the final year of the degree examination can also apply subject to the submission of mark-sheet with 50 percent marks (45 percent for SC/ST) in aggregate on or before the date of group discussion and personal interview fixed by the Institute otherwise they will not be considered for admission and no fee will be refunded.
Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from University other than Manipur University are required to obtain an eligibility certificate for a fee as per rules of the Institute from the Director, Manipur Institute of Management Studies, Manipur University immediately after their provisional admission, but not later than the date on which the classes start, failing which their provisional admission is liable to be cancelled, with no refund of any fee paid till that date.
- Duly filled in prescribed application form along with supporting documents must be submitted to the Institute by the last date notified.
- All eligible candidates will be called by the Institute or its agency to appear at a written test at their own expense at the University campus or test centers on dates notified. Currently, AIMA-CMS conducts the written test (MAT) for the Institute at centres in/and outside the country. For MAT the candidates have to fill up MAT application forms separately without which, no candidates shall be considered for admission in the Institute.
- The objective of the written test is to assess proficiency in language comprehension, mathematical skills, data analysis & sufficiency, intelligence and critical reasoning and Indian and global environment with equal weightage.
- Out of the applications qualifying in the written test, candidates equal to four times the number of the seats in each category, strictly on the basis of merit shall be called for group discussion and personal interview at their own cost.
- The merit list for selection of the relevant categories would be on the basis of marks secured in aggregate of the following:
|(a)||Management Aptitude Test (MAT)||70|
- They shall be admitted to the admission test at their own risk. As a consequence, candidates should apply for admission only when they are sure of themselves satisfying the eligibility requirements.